Senior Mobile Engineer
Kansas City, MO
We have an exciting client who is expanding their team and looking to hire an additional Mobile Engineers. This client has a dev first culture and embraces technology enthusiasts who want to work in an environment where open opinions and suggestions are expected while also allowing for autonomy. The team is a curated group of highly skilled engineers who collaborate and work together toward common goals.
Remote work as needed and a great office environment
Results focused management and flexible schedules
Annual Developer Retreats
Medical, Vision, Dental
Working primarily with React Native
Successful candidate will be extremely self-motivated, self-organizing, and exhibit a bias to action.
Self-sufficiency goes hand-in-hand with the level of autonomy
● Create and maintain reusable code
● Take ownership of development projects and see them through to timely completion
● Work with team to collaborate on shared source code
● Work with product and design teams to deliver exceptional user experiences
● Seek improvement in self and team, pushing everyone to be better through modern development practices and sharing of discovered knowledge
Required Critical Skills & Qualifications:
● Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
● 3+ years contributing to native mobile software development as part of a team
● Strong fundamentals in React Native or other mobile development framework
● Able to contribute to application design and architecture discussions.
● Experience consuming RESTful APIs.
● Familiar with using Git to manage source code.
● Able to engineer for performance when working with large data sets.
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
● Experiencing working with mapping libraries. (Google Maps, Mapbox)
● Deep knowledge of React Native.
● Experience with tools like Redux to manage complex application state.
● Experience authenticating with 3rd party services using protocols like OAuth.
● Experience managing build processes using tools like Webpack.
● Experience working with Websockets.
● Experience with image recognition tools.