We expect our Engineers to be free-thinkers and world-shapers. We’re part of an exciting market space that’s wide open, with the opportunity to be true trail-blazers. This opening is not for those looking to sit back and count their lines of code checked-in per week, it’s for the go-getter that wants to leave their mark on software development! We’re pushing into exciting fields like machine learning and natural language processing and we want you to join us for that journey!
- Build and implement efficient, usable code.
- Adhere to standards for the development organization as a whole.
- Support adjacent team members in planning and implementation ceremonies.
- Strive to leave the code cleaner than you found it!
- Take advantage of growth and mentorship from senior members of the team.
- Be a champion for your ideas and solutions, driving change to the platform.
- Document code as necessary and demonstrate transparency in work status.
- Be comfortable with writing unit tests for your work.
- Troubleshoot production and pre-production issues, developing solutions on the fly.
- Work on both back and front end code.
- Contribute to site reliability, uptime, and maintenance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience in Software Development demonstrated through work history.
- 2+ years of Java development (we use SE8) or demonstrated strong understanding of object-oriented development with a desire to learn Java.
- Comfortable in an agile software development shop that follows people over process and working software over documentation.
- Working knowledge of relational database structures and query building