Full-time Kansas City, MOApply
The atmosphere is fast-paced – and we are looking for someone who likes challenges, is a self-starter, and would enjoy working in an entrepreneurial, multi-faceted environment. We work hard, learn a lot, and share great senses of humor.
Are you a motivated, self-starting, user experience / user interface professional? Our client is looking for a full-time UI/UX developer to drive its current suite of products to new heights. In this role, the right candidate will be responsible for evaluating user and technical requirements to create highly intuitive, streamlined user experiences for customers. The right candidate will have a solid understanding of industry standards, wireframing tools, and be proficient in both desktop and mobile workflows. UI/UX developer must work well with technology and business teams, understand the inner workings of agile software development, and be willing to help build a culture of innovation. This unique opportunity will allow the right candidate an opportunity to reimagine what a user experience can be. Joining a staff of motived and experienced technology professionals armed with years of experience in their industry, the UI/UX developer will be an integral member of multiple SCRUM teams across multiple product lines.
- Gather and evaluate user requirements
- Collaborate with both technical leaders and product managers
- Design intuitive user experiences based on product requirements and vision
- Troubleshoot UI/UX problems
- Work with front end development team to ensure proper functionality
- Contribute to the definition and validation of UX standards and best practices to accelerate user adoption
- Rapid prototyping and wireframing to help refine business requirements
- Maintain style guides and tool kits
- Contribute to human-centered, strategic enterprise transformation with our internal business partners and customers
- Self-starter and must take a proactive stance toward achieving success on your projects
- Experience driving a user experience from start-to-finish that delivers results.
- Top notch user research skills (contextual inquiry, knowledge elicitation, creative methods for users’ feedback, etc.)
- Fluent in responsive designs
- Passionate about understanding current and emerging UI/UX trends
- Proven ability to connect the dots between business needs, innovation, and good design
- We don’t want you to moonlight as a front-end developer, but you need to know enough to design honestly and work effectively with our software developers.
- Firm understanding of Agile development process, JIRA a plus
- Experience with observational research
- Strong knowledge of tools and technologies that aid in the UX design usability process
- Proficiency with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint)
- Experience with SaaS products a plus
- 6 to 10 years’ experience, bachelor’s degree or equivalent industry experience
- Ability to travel up to 25%