Full-time Overland Park, KSApply
Our client is looking for motivated individuals who have experience providing tier 2 operations support with some data analytic capabilities. The successful candidate will be a good problem solver and prepared to take ownership of assigned issues.
ResponsibilitiesThe main task is that of providing second level support through monitoring managed service client environments to ensure system availability, performance, database health, jobs completed as scheduled and produced the desired outcome. Handle any subsequent resulting incidents or Service Requests that are assigned, using the incident management and request fulfillment processes.
- Required: Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical discipline e.g. Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Possess strong Oracle SQL skills
- Demonstrate an understanding of UNIX environment
- Know basic Unix commands at the command line level
- Knowledgeable in the use of spreadsheets and pivot tables
- Experience with UNIX Shell Scripting
Attributes sought after:
- Excellent self-organizational skills and especially time management
- Excellent problem solving abilities
- Ability to focus and work on problems, issues, etc. until completed
- The ability to work in a small team, or individually, to resolve issues, requests, etc.
- An aptitude for quality work and ability to achieve a high level of 'finish'
- Knowledge, skill and mental development equivalent to successful completion of four years of college with course work in computer science or directly related fields.
- Ability to effectively participate in and profit from continuing education, both in a formal and in-service training setting.
- Ability to analyze data logically and exercise sound judgment in defining, evaluating, and solving difficult technical and operational problems.
- Ability to gain and maintain effective working relationships with agency officials, associates, vendors, clients and others to coordinate the activities of work associates to achieve desired results.
- Developed oral and written communication skills to present technical information to others with clarity and precision.
- Ability to work on complex information system issues.
- Knowledge of batch processing procedures.
- Schedule flexibility to work "non-standard" hours and to participate in a rotating "on-call" role.